Breaking Down Ticketing Systems vs Knowledge Bases for Support
When it comes to Knowledge Management Systems and Knowledge Base Software offerings, ticketing systems like Zendesk Guide and many others offer a self-service knowledge base as part of their product suite. These systems are commonly used in contact centres with heavy customer support activity. Some of the issues with utilising these suites for Knowledge Management is that they may not have been built as a single source of truth, purposed as a stand-alone product, and usually the features available consist of a one-size-fits-all approach.
When contact centre CX and IT Managers take their customer experience and software options seriously, one of the most important factors is ensuring that information communicated to customers is accurate, compliant with company policies and that each operator can access their knowledge quickly, and importantly can understand it. This is where using a premium CX purpose-built Knowledge Management System comes into play and helps you not only achieve the CX scores required from your team but can also cut costs significantly and provide efficiencies.
Considering off the shelf collaborative knowledge sharing applications can introduce a high risk of misinformation and duplication, leading to customer dissatisfaction, confusion or frustration among operators, longer wait times and higher costs in retaining and refunding customers.
How Important is Controlled Knowledge?
When it comes to managing knowledge within your contact centre or internally, responses to questions about services, products, processes, policies, and company information need to be the result of “controlled knowledge”. Responses should be authored through a thorough governance process before being published for viewing. This single source of truth increases staff confidence – they know that the answer they’re seeing has been vetted to be wholly accurate, up-to-date and confidently deliver it to the customer.
According to a recent Global CX Study by Ecosystm, users of premium controlled knowledge management systems like livepro, achieve up to 35% better results than users of other info or knowledge management systems on customer satisfaction, compliance, employee engagement, and cost reduction.
Consider Longevity, Security & Reliability when Evaluating Price
If you are considering a long term solution with reliable security and connection, great support, a feature-rich dashboard and want to provide top tier CX, the livepro system is the solution you’re after. A purpose-built knowledge management system that is not only proven to enhance customer experience but is also designed to perform either on its own or integrated with your ticketing, CRM, project collab and communication systems.
Another important difference to note when KMS shopping, is that knowledge within off-the-shelf solutions can often be built around a single document type (article) – which typically requires users to read through to find the answer. Although an article’s layout can be improved with templates, they do not guarantee a fast and conversational answer – or even an answer at all. By contrast, livepro is purpose-built to deliver answers in the format most suitable for the content, and for the needs of the user. livepro offers four customizable formats:
- Announcements broadcast urgent temporary information (e.g. an upcoming event, an outage, or a promotion). Announcements notify each user directly so they can’t miss it. Administrators can target a subset of users and can then view a report showing which users have read the announcement; this is useful for compliance purposes.
- Document Notes provide short, concise, easy-to-read answers.
- Work Instructions are simple step -by -step process guides on how to complete a task or procedure, meaning that precision and consistency replace ambiguity and guesswork every time. The Work Instructions can be viewed as a flowchart or a series of instructions and questions and are useful for processes that may have more than one path to completion.
- “Rocket” is livepro’s exclusive, easy-to-use, bot builder which transforms complex policies into a few simple questions that deliver the perfect answer. Rocket eliminates ambiguity and errors while significantly reducing response and training times.
What Clients Have to Say?
Clients who use ticketing software in their IT Departments but use livepro for Customer Service say the four formats above make it so simple for users to find the answer. They also tell us:
- “livepro’s Smart Search is the best feature – users are amazed at how quickly and intuitively it takes them to the right answer.”
- They love that “livepro is specifically built ready to support customer service teams out-of-the-box and is so intuitive and easy to use.”
Our Top Rated Features:
- Four different ways for users to provide instant feedback for continuous improvement:
- Feedback directly within a knowledge object.
- General feedback.
- “What were you looking for?” which can be used to improve search results.
- The Quiz, People Profile, Favourites and Team Branding features which help engagement and use.
- All the analytics you need for great customer, employee, and knowledge insights.
- Simple authoring process. Ready-to-use templates to get up and running quickly.
Clients First State Super and local Australian Governments have commended livepro’s simple APIs that allow them to easily connect to all other customer-facing channels so they can manage their customer support systems from the one system.
Most importantly, livepro customers unanimously say our Knowledge Management Experts are so easy to deal with and are always ready to provide guidance and assistance when you need it. We have experts in your region to talk to and to show you how to improve the experiences of your customers and customer service specialists.
These are just some of the reasons livepro delivers fantastic results. livepro clients are looking to overcome a variety of challenges and to achieve outcomes such as:
- 30% reduction in time to find the answer they were looking for.
- 15% improvement in customer satisfaction scores.
- Up to 45% improvement in employee satisfaction scores.
- 30% reduction in on-boarding and training. Some clients have even achieved 90%!
Why not check out some of our case studies?
To get in touch for more information or to get a free demo, please contact us online or call us on (Aus) 1300 548 356 or (USA) 1844 20 77 999